RESULTS AND DESTINATIONS
Robert Clack School A Level / BTEC Results 2017 are the best yet!
“With 2 pupils securing places to study Medicine, 2 pupils securing places to study Dentistry and 1 pupil securing a place to read History at Oxford, these are the best A Level and BTEC results in my 21 year tenure as Headteacher.
Huge tribute must be paid to all students and their teachers. Our sixth form is thriving in all respects. It is ten years since the powerful Alumni of Robert Clack was founded to support all aspects of our school but the sixth form have benefited significantly. This record of success which is based on high quality teaching, leadership, opportunity and partnership is certain to continue.” said Headteacher Sir Paul Grant.
Despite the government’s drive to make post-16 qualifications more challenging, Robert Clack pupils have once again excelled achieving the School’s best ever A Level and BTEC results. A record number of Robert Clack pupils have secured places at top Russell Group Universities including Oxford, UCL, Warwick, Queen Mary, York, Sheffield, Southampton, Loughborough to study highly competitive courses including Medicine, Dentistry, History, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics, Theoretical Physics, Biochemistry, Medicinal Chemistry and Law.
There were some fantastic individual student performances in both A Level and BTEC examinations:
• Of the pupils who studied 3 A Levels, nearly one third of pupils (30%) achieved the government’s ‘gold standard’ of AAB or above and 16% achieved UCAS points equivalent to AAA (i.e. A*A*A*, A*AA, AAA or A*AB).
• Of the pupils who studied 2 or more BTEC subjects, nearly one third of pupils (32.1%) archived D*D*D or above.
In A Level qualifications:
• Nearly a quarter (23.1%) of all papers sat at Robert Clack were graded as A* or A, over half of all A papers (51.6%) were grades as a B or above and the vast majority of papers (85.0%) were grades C or above.
• The pass rate was once again 100%. The average grade achieved by all pupils was in A Level qualifications was B-.
In vocational subjects:
• Nearly half of all qualifications (49.7%) were graded a Distinction* with just over three quarters (75.3%) being grades as
Distinction or above.
• The average grade achieved by all pupils was Distinction+.
Deputy Headteacher Richard Spandl said:
"We are so proud of all of our pupils and the record breaking results that they have achieved. More importantly we are delighted that these results are passports to their future prosperity and successes as they take up first class University places and apprenticeship opportunities in September.
Success at Sixth Form requires determination, resilience and perseverance from the pupils. These attributes combined with excellent teaching and parental support are what has led to our pupils achieving yet another set of first class results.
These young men and women have once again shown that pupils from Robert Clack, proudly a local authority school, are as good as any other pupils in the country. Well done to everyone involved!"
020 8270 4222
020 8270 4200